Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter With a Twist

Tonight I went to Easter Dinner at my cousin Heidi's house. Dinner was supposed to eat at 6 but really we didn't eat until 7. Then after dinner was the egg hunt...in the dark...with flashlights. I have to admit when I first heard this idea I was a little jealous that I was no longer in the egg hunting age bracket. I was in charge of hiding eggs for two of the older kids, so I did my best to make them a little difficult. There were six kids total and each had 15 eggs in their color to find (plus one "money egg" that was rainbow colored and had $5 in it). The egg hunt was fine and dandy for the first half hour or so and then it gets a little tougher and then it really sucks when you're down to three kids who each need one egg. You're trying to retrace all your steps. "did you find the one by the pool?" "yep" "Did you find the one in the bush?" "yep" "Did you find some over by the rocks?" "Yep" "How many?" "A couple. How many did you hide there?" "Two or three." And its even tougher when you were hiding for two kids and randomly just sticking eggs places because then you can't remembers which kids you put where. I put like four in the area with the rocks, but were they all for the same kid or 3 and 1 or 2 and 2. I had no idea. It was dark and I was cold and wasn't paying any attention to what color I was putting under rocks. So there are still 4 plastic eggs out in her yard somewhere that they are hoping to find in the daylight.

No comments: