Sunday, November 15, 2009

Danielle's Visit: Days 2 & 3

I should probably be ironing my clothes or something else more productive, but I'm not. I'm blogging before I lose my motivation.

On Danielle's 2nd day of visiting, nothing really happened. I woke up at 12:45 and discovered that she had fallen asleep with the TV on so I snuck out to turn it off. Then at 5:50 my power went out and was off for about ten minutes, so I got up, located my cell phone and set my alarm....anyway, i didn't sleep very well.

I went to class...yadda yadda yadda...I came home and Danielle and I went to dinner and then to Wal-mart so that she could get an REO Speedwagon CD for her boss. Really the only thing of note that happened was Danielle started to say something about rednecks and then was like "nevermind...I forgot where I was."

Day 3 was of course the big day. Again, I went to class, and I had a review session for my quant class. I began to regret making the decision to go to the concert, but then I resolved to stick with my "less Type A Jen" and not worry so much for about it. (My quant exam is tomorrow...so we'll see how that works out). There were supposed to be four of us going to the concert: me, Danielle and two of my Wake friends, but they freaked out about work (like I was tempted to do) and didn't go.

We went to the box office and at first they told us that the band's list wasn't in yet (Ugh...this again?), but they decided to check my name anyway and surprise surprise the tickets were there. Along with the backstage passes.


It looks fake, doesn't they. I think I bought something like that at a Backstreet Boys concert once. We also got the sticker passes like I'm used to.
We also got instructions on where to go after REO's set. We were slightly confused because we thought REO was headlining, but it turns out that them and Styx switch every night. That's weird. Our seats were 10th row center on the floor (apparently this is where all the band's free tickets are because if you remember for the BSC concert we were in about the same place). Night Ranger opened...for those of you that don't know who Night Ranger is think "Sister Christian." Danielle fell in love with their keyboard player, and they were also interesting because their drummer is their lead singer which is a little unusual. They were pretty good. Next was REO. They were also really good. Afterwards we went back the little hallway and were herded into a "media room" with about 20 other people including a group of ridiculously drunk women who were threatened to be kicked out. Then an official manager type guy made us all be quiet and pay attention and gave us the rules...woah! This is intense!

1) Know how to use your camera
2) The guitar players hands are very sensitive so no hard handshakes.
3) Stay spread out. They will come to you.
4) The flu is going around so keep your bodily fluids to yourself
5) Don't start any sentence with "do you remember when..." because they don't.

So he left and Danielle and I stayed as far away from the drunk ridiculous girls so that everyone was well aware that we were not part of that. The manager guy came back in and came over to me and said that Bryan (the drummer that I knew) was really sick and wouldn't be coming in, but wanted to say hi and that he hopes we enjoyed the concert. All the other band members then came in and we got autographs and stuff. We knew we were missing the first part of Styx's set, but didn't really care.

We went back out to the arena and saw Styx, but honestly I was a little disappointed (and also a little scared because I think I kinda like Tommy Shaw and that's just weird and icky.) But I befriended the drunk guy next to me so that was really fun and entertaining. Concert ended, I was home by 11:15...the end.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

And what did Danielle do while J Sto was at class? Well I'm glad you asked. She was tempted to go out exploring the town, however, there was apparently a hurricane going on in the south leaving NC a big wet, sloppy, cold mess. Not wanting to get drenched or lost in the rain, Danielle stayed nice and dry in Jen's apartment. She slept in as long as she desired. Stayed in her PJ's as long as she desired. Played some Wii (in her aforementioned PJ's). And read 2 whole books in 2 days (Mary, Mary by James Patterson and Twighlight by Stephenie Meyer). In a word, she was relaxed.

Also important thing of note, North Carolina residents....not big Obama fans. Talk about awkward moment.