Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Fashion Disaster

First, I must explain the hosiery dispute that has been going on in my office for about a month now. When our new employee handbook came out, it listed that hosiery must be worn at all times. (I pointed out that it doesn't necessarily have to be on your feet). Anyway, this pissed off a bunch of us that like to wear open toed shoes and sandals during the summer. It also mad several higher ups unhappy, and they have basically just ignored the policy. Though I have a boss who is a stickler for the rules and don't have such luxury.

Following this rule change, I was complaining about how my cute little shoes were going to miss out to which my boss chimed in "you can wear open toed shoes as long as you have hosiery on." I stared at her blankly to which she responded "there's nothing wrong with wearing hose and open toed shoes or sandals." I muttered "well, you're not going to catch me doing it."

Flash forward to today. My boss comes in wearing a black pants suit and white blouse. Fine. (And actually a welcome change from the God awful purple and black power suit that she was sporting yesterday.) Then I see her feet. She had on these white patent leather open toe heels and black hosiery. Someone needs to take this woman and shake her violently...or call What Not To Wear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad I feel for you my dear! To each his own and follow the rules. First I am on the pantyhose side, since I wear them daily because my hubby spoils me with nothing but the European Pantyhose which are so nice I will sleep in them on the weekends, hmmm! Men love sexy, men love feminine, so if you love attention ladies, get your sexy on with some fancy pantyhose that feel great on that you can find from sweethosiery dot com. If you like having bare legs with flip flops and think men find that sexy, that is great also! Keep doing that, but do not take a shoot at females that know the secret about the Wonderful World of high end hosiery and the powerful effect they have on men.

Lily said...

I agree that pantyhoses can be sexy...with the garters and all...and that men might like the look of it....say, with pumps or sexy boots.

But NOT with open-toe shoes! Please no! I have no idea why really, this is a classic fashion don't...but I do know that it reminds me of what grand-mothers wear with their orthopedic sandals. To see the toes through the material, the seams, reinforced parts and all....ugh.

And manicured toes are so pretty with sandals and open shoes...I feel sorry for you! That's why I'm glad to work at a daycare.