Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I'm Back!!

This post is going to be mostly random thoughts about Ohio State and some other things that tie in. Then tomorrow (if I remember and feel like it) you'll get some other information about my vacation. On another note about a previous post D's mom M disappeared on Dec. 26th with one of her other kids, dropped that kid off 3 days later and disappeared again (fun times!!)

Things about Ohio State (I couldn't bring myself to put either the O or Brutus the Buckeye as a picture, so you get nothing)

1). I have to say my experiences with the OSU fans was generally good. I was a little nervous going in because my marketing director went to a game at Ohio State when she was an ND student and got pelted with Buckeyes. I guess neutral fields always help. But honestly, except for some dirty looks, no problems. I mean we were even staying at an OSU hotel (which we didn't know until we arrived, I assure you) with 400 people wearing red and not once did I have to pull my mom off of some obnoxious fan.

2) That time "incomplete pass" was not an incomplete pass. Unless there was some other angle which they refused to show on the jumbo tron, that replay was total BS. a) you can not tuck the football, if you have not already caught the football b) even if he was bobbling the football, there is no way you can overturn that based on that angle. If anyone saw a bag of peanuts fly onto the field right after that, that was my section.

3) This one was going to be that Brutus the Buckeye looks like a Hershey Kisskin without the top, but since I couldn't find a picture of one and 99% of you have no idea what a kisskin is, I'll move on.

4) The whole script Ohio, sousaphone dotting the i thing...I don't get it

5) If I hear Hang On Sloopy one more time, I'm going to lose my mind!!!

6) Have you ever seen those Notre Dame shirts that say "Got Eleven?" and then on the back it says "We do" and has a picture of eleven national championship trophies. Well, I saw an Ohio State shirt that was exactly this same, but red instead of navy and seven instead of eleven. We were walking back to the car and I saw this guy walking toward me with a "Got Seven?" shirt on and I turned around so I could see the back, fully expecting it to have some smart ass remark about Notre Dame on it, but it didn't. It just said "We do" and had seven trophies. Not only is it stupid to even produce such a shirt, but What a stupid shirt to wear when you play Notre Dame. Save it for when you're playing Indiana, jackass!!

7) They're one Hail Ohio song sounds like the theme from the Goonies

8) Maurice Clarett. Not related totally to the Fiesta Bowl, but is he the stupidest person on the face of the earth? For those of you that don't know, Maurice Clarett was charged with armed robbery in Columbus, OH. That's like Mickey Mouse robbing a bank in Disneyworld. I can picture it now:
Officer: Can you describe the man who robbed you?
Victim: Yes, it was Maurice Clarett
Officer: You mean the man looked similar to Maurice Clarett
Victim: No, I mean it was Maurice Clarett
Idiot probably had on his OSU letter jacket or something too.

Ok, that's all my OSU thoughts for now. More on my trip later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to like Snoopy before the OSU game. Then at the OSU/ND Gamewatch in Boston, those OSU fans kept on doing their little cheer. Now I hate it. It's in my nightmares. Oh well.

And I agree... total BS on the incomplete pass. We have replay when we don't need it, and we don't when we do. Ughhh...

Anonymous said...

Well, sounds like sour Fiesta Bowl grapes -- your time will come again. You need to be patient and supportive of your team. Now that ND will give a FB coach more than 3 years to lead the team, you may see some more regular success.

As for the 2006 Fiesta Bowl, the ND fans were horrible -- snide, offensive, arrogant -- I can go on and on, but I won't. The Miami fans of 2003 were far better than the Golden Domers. Most of the people who attended this year's game agree, ND fans are obnoxious. Act like you've been there (oh, you haven't been to a bowl game in a while!) - hopefully, all the Domers have learned a few things this year. Good luck next season.

P.S. Sorry you don't "get" Script Ohio", it is one of the finest traditions in all of college football.