Friday, May 19, 2006


Mother's Day Chocolates

For those of you who have already heard this story, skip down for the update. For Mother's Day I decided to order some giant cashew turtles (called bearclaws-that's the picture) from this place called Kilwin's in Saugatuck, MI. My mom always sees them and remarks how yummy they look, but won't buy them for herself because they're too expensive. (They're not really that expensive, just in my mom's mind they are.)

They weren't available on the web so I called them the Monday before Mother's Day and they said no problem we'll ship some out. Friday, my mom still hadn't received them. I was giving Kilwin's the benefit of the doubt (they probably didn't go till Tuesday, there's lots of mail), but thought I should call to check anyway and see if they knew when possible delivery would be. Saturday afternoon Kilwin's called me back. They lost the order (they're remodeling). They'll ship them out overnight mail on Monday. That's great, but it's past Mother's Day.

I'm bitching to people about Kilwin's and how I'm pissed because my mom probably thinks I just didn't order them in time (which I did). And everyone's asking well did Kilwin's send any extra, are they going to refund some of your money, etc. and I say they didn't say.

I'm here to take all my badmouthing back. Yesterday I received a very large gift wrapped box of assorted chocolates and a note of apology from the owner. They're very yummy and made me feel much better about the whole thing.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am totally obsessed with turtles. They are like heaven to my mouth.