Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Help My Fashion Impaired Coworkers

At my old job, everyone was very fashionable. They switched purses daily to match their outfits, wore cute strappy shoes, sleek suits, and shopped at places like Banana and Anne Taylor. Because of the need to keep up, I bought all these cute business-like clothing. Now my coworkers wear comfortable sweaters with deer on them. When they do choose to dress up, they wear turquoise suits with large black buttons on the jackets and shoulder pads from the 80's. About a month ago, I switched to my fall purse and got the "wow, how many purses do you have?" Today, I wore a khaki linen skirt, brown Timberland loafers, and a olive cotton scoop neck shirt and got the "Why are you so dressed up?" DRESSED UP? What is wrong with these people? I have all these cute young professional type clothes that are screaming to get out of my closet. I think I might have to start dressing up on the weekends to go to the mall and things.

2 comments:

IrishPhox said...

Come to Giant, and if you're anything short of a manager and you wear a suit, you get "Oh, do you have an interview today?"

I'm tempted to start wearing a suit once a week, and every time someone asks me if I have an interview, I'll say yes. See what the rumor mill churns out in a few weeks....

Jsto said...

Today on casual Friday, instead of wearing sneakers with my jeans like everyone else, I wore black boots. It rocked their world.