Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Movie Review

I just got back from seeing Marie Antoinette. I was disappointed. Being a former French major, and having visited Versailles, I have a working knowledge of Marie and Louis. The lack of substance and content was what disappointed me most. I expected to be interested with more information about her, but it was just continuous demonstrations of her frivolity and her dysfunctional marriage. The content it did have, I've found out is mostly historically inaccurate so a lot of it leaves you wondering, did that really happen?

If you don't really know anything about French history or Marie Antoinette, I might go see it just to have an idea of what she was all about. But if you already know something, and what a more in depth look into her life, you aren't going to get it here.

1 comment:

IrishPhox said...

Boring as hell, yet beautiful to watch....