Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day 3: MGM
Ok, Day 3 is MGM studios. Just so I don't get any concerned comments. That's just a stunt man falling off a building during a show at MGM. I just cropped out the big blow up air mattress thing underneath him because it looks cooler this way.

The day started out with a bang of stupidity as we waited for a woman on a motorized scooter (think hover round) to be loaded onto the bus. See if you can spot the stupidity as I describe the situation. Scooter lady drives her scooter to the back door of the bus where the wheelchair lift thing is. Scooter lady gets off of scooter (with much difficulty, I might add) as bus driver lowers the lift. Scooter lady's seemingly ambulatory and otherwise mobile husband wheels the scooter onto the lift and rides the lift up into the bus. Bus driver lowers the lift again. Scooter woman hobbles over to the lift and rides the lift up. Did you catch it? Did you catch the stupidity? Um...why couldn't scooter lady just ride up on the scooter/beside the scooter the first time around and save us the time of lowering and lifting a second time?

We get to MGM and manage to have perfect timing in order to see the High School Musical 2 show (much to Danielle's excitement). I'm then forced to listen to her sing portions of both High School Musicals throughout the rest of the day and pretty much the entire rest of the week.

We go to go on the Great Movie Ride. The Great Movie Ride is a tram that goes through scenes of all sorts of famous MGM movies like Singing In the Rain and Alien and stuff like that. An about 5'8" guy working the door tells me I'm too short to get in. haha very funny little man. Move aside Munchkin. Danielle doesn't really remember the Great Movie Ride from our previous trip to Disney and that makes me secretly smile (I'll explain later). While we are waiting for the ride, they are showing clips of old movies. A cowboy comes on the screen and Danielle just to be stupid says "who's that like John Wayne or something?" Actually, it was John Wayne and I hang my head in disgust. We get in the giant tram thing and the guy beside Danielle is reading the warning on the seat in front of us aloud. The "please keep all arms and legs inside the car and remain seated while the ride is in motion" spiel only he sounds exactly like a movie preview voice over guy, and I find this extremely hysterical. Ok, now flash back to nine years ago on the Great Movie Ride. Danielle HATES the Wizard of Oz and I had been taunting her that Munchkins would make an appearance during our trip. She didn't know when though until while in line for the Great Movie Ride she sees a pair of ruby slippers in a glass case turns to me and says "I hate you." Then she was in pure agony the whole time the ride was in Munchkinland and I of course loved it. Flash forward to present day. Danielle has forgotten all of this, and the ruby slippers are no longer in the waiting area. We roll into Munchkinland. Danielle hates it again, and I enjoy myself thoroughly for a second time. (Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me). PS did you note the foreshadowing when I referred to the short guy at the front of the line as Munchkin? Mrs. Christ, you can give me extra credit later.

We decide to go on Aerosmith's Rock N Roller Coaster for a second time. It's loads of fun. Danielle describes it as "space mountain for adults." One part of the waiting line has these doors that have marbles all over it. The marbles can be rolled around and make a really annoying noise, so of course no kid can resist and I'd like to track down and brutally kill whoever designed the doors like that. I also have yet to mention that there were all sorts of people with British accents throughout Disney the entire trip, and a cute family of them were behind us in line. The kids weren't sure they wanted to go on because one kid had heard the ride was upside down the entire time. The girl turns to her dad and says in a cute little British accent "Daddy, wouldn't that make blood stream out of your ears?" Anyway, we convinced them that the ride was fun and they went on and enjoyed it. We also ran into some people we had run into at the Magic Kingdom. A whole slew of annoying teenage girls from Argentina. At the Magic Kingdom, they were in line with us for Thunder Mountain. They all had gi-normous book bags on (yes, spellcheck, I said gi-normous. do you have a problem with that? Apparently you do.) They would sit on the rails between the lines and their book bags would hang over into the line behind them. It was so annoying that we were trying to purposely walk into them and hope they got the hint. They didn't. So now on the Rock N Roller Coaster, one of them was way up in front and of course they all butted in line with her. Someone told one of the ride's operators about the butting but "she couldn't do anything about it unless she saw it." Apparently she didn't notice the 10 girls standing beside the line because there wasn't room for them in it.

We then go to Fantasmic which is a combination of a live action/water parade/light/water/fireworks show. Our friends from Argentina were there too and were seated in the middle of the crowd and started the wave (which annoyed me more than anything.) We're not really sure how the scene being portrayed from Pocahontas of the British battling the indians is going over with all of the British accented people around, but no one seems to care. After Fantasmic, we went to the Osborne Family lights show which I didn't think was that great, but then pondered who exactly the Osborne Family was.

Ok, there's more to Day 3, but I'm going to cut it off there and will pick it back up as Danielle and I head off to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for what we have planned to be as just picking up a T-shirt requested by someone back in PA. You will have to wait and see if that turns out as planned.

No comments: