Sunday, March 14, 2010

I May Actually Read This

I just got yesterday's mail out of the mailbox (because after going to the gym in the morning, I spent all day yesterday in flannel cheshire cat pajama pants.) In my mailbox was a "free gift." Hmmm...it's a "heartwarming inspirational romance" called "Jenna's Cowboy Hero." What exactly is an inspirational romance? I thought I'd check out the back cover to see if it gave any clue. I'll put my thoughts in parenthesis.

"Former football player Adam Mackenzie (could you find a more wholesome name?) arrives in small-town Oklahoma (or a more wholesome setting?) to fix up a camp for underprivileged kids. (of course, he is). But the city slicker doesn't know horse tack from a touchdown. (i think it would've been catchier had they said horse tack from a football tackle. Cause it's like a play on words). He's desperate for help (of course he is) and the pretty rancher next door is the answer to his prayers. (now by prayers are we just saying prayers or are we actually going to go into detail of prayers because this is an "inspirational romance") War vet Jenna is back home after a stint in Iraq (of course she is), and she's got a five-year plan: raising her twin boys, running her ranch and not falling in love (uh-oh, I think Adam may cause problems in her five year plan). But she can't say no to gorgeous and kind Adam (who could?). Can he make her forget all her plans and open her heart to love? (come on, I have to find out it Adam can make Jenna open her heart to love, don't I?)"

PS the picture on the cover has a grassy meadow with horses a farm and a church in the background. In the foreground is a man in a cowboy hat leading two what I'm assuming are twin boys on a horse.

No comments: