Saturday, March 06, 2010

My Tragic Flaw

In all tragedies the hero has a tragic flaw that ultimately leads to his downfall. Luckily (or unluckily) I know what my tragic flaw is...snide and otherwise sarcastic remarks. I have this censor in my head that prevents all the really inappropriate comments that fly through it from reaching my mouth. I realize that at some point this censor is going to become broken down and retire/die/just refuse to do his job and that's going to be bad (but extremely humorous for everyone around me).

For example, today I had my Disney interview and the interviewer asked "Do you have any visible tattoos?" and within 2 milliseconds the following things flew through my head.

"Define 'visible'"
"Do prison tattoos count?"
"well, i have a Minnie Mouse on my neck."
"I prefer the term 'body art'"
"Yes, 32"

Luckily, the censor was on the job and filtered all those comments and turned them into "no". Censor in my head, thanks for all you do. That job must suck. You get shitty pay and have to deal with all my crap. I'm on spring break right now, so why don't you take a little vacation. (Wouldn't that be ridiculous if I spent a whole week saying all the crazy shit that comes into my head?)

No comments: