Sunday, August 27, 2006

Car Paranoia

I have two things that I'm paranoid about related to my car and last night they came head to head.

First, I'm paranoid that I always have a flat tire. I've been in cars twice where we've been driving on a flat tire and didn't know it until some pulled up beside us and told us or we got wherever we were going and oh shit, we've been driving on a flat tire. Every time we told the stories after that people would be like how can you not know? So now whenever my car feels bumpy on a seemingly flat road I think I have a flat tire.

Secondly, I get paranoid that people are following me. When I'm taking back roads and someone is on my tail for a long time, I always start watching them closely thinking that they could be following me. This just stems from being psychotic and watching too many scary movies.

Anyway, last night I dropped my mom and grandma off at like 9 after a long day of shopping. Even though my grandma insisted I should come in for a sandwich and/or a Klondike bar (why do grandma's do stuff like this?) Well at the first red light past my grandma's, this big Dodge Ram was right on my tail. (All I can see in my rearview mirror is the Ram on the front grill, that's how close he was). He stays on my tail every where I go on my very windy and backroads way home and of course I start thinking about where the closest police station is and if I have my cell phone on me. Then at a light, this car full of girls pulls up next to me and signals for me to roll down my window. Of course now, I think I also have a flat tire and I'm going to have to pull over and the Dodge Ram guy is going to take out a hatchet and slaughter me. But they just tell me that my one tail light was out (which it actually wasn't when I got home) and then the Dodge Ram turned the opposite direction a block from my home. And I lived happily ever after. The End

2 comments:

Marcia said...

I've never had a flat tire, but Matt's somehow had 2 since we were married. I don't understand. And I get scared when I think about ME getting a flat tire.

And I ALWAYS think people behind me are following me.

Anonymous said...

I had a flat tire once. A few months ago. It really sucks. Even if you have AAA.

Just FYI - I didn't know I had it either. Someone walking on the sidewalk alongside my car practically SCREAMED at me to let me know.

PS: if you ever DO have a flat tire, and you have a choice of where to pull over - DO NOT pull into someplace that there could be 2 of in that town. Even if you tell them the right one, if they're running late you get SO paranoid that they went to the wrong one. (From experience...)