Monday, September 03, 2007

Things that Annoy Me

This is a two part things that annoy me post and both have pictures to accompany them, so that's exciting.

1) I buy a blouse last March at a store moving sale for some ridiculous percentage off, but don't have a chance to wear it because the weather gets warmer. A few weeks ago when the weather was cooler and after our CEO casually suggests that we dress in more professional attire, I pull it out of my closet only to find this:

I call the store and beg them to take it off, but since after months of having this shirt, I made the mistake of throwing out the receipt, they could do nothing. I said I think I probably charged it on my store credit card is there anyway to look it up and prove that I paid for it..."um...no". So I go on the company's website, e-mail a long descriptive e-mail about how the store is no longer there, and I bought it months and months ago and no longer have the receipt, yada yada yada. I get a response "Please take the garment along with your receipt back to the store where it was purchased and they will gladly remove the security device." I wanted to write back "listen you jackass, you obviously didn't read my first e-mail or you would know I can't do that." But since the e-mail said "please do not reply to this address" I didn't.

Instead I turned to the internet for help. Because you can find out how to do everything on the internet. It kinda let me down this time. It gave me two options: 1) pay $40 to purchase some machine specifically designed to remove those things (or as I like to call it "The Shoplifters Helper") or 2) Bash it with a hammer. I decided upon #2. I took out my whole tool kit but bashing it didn't really work, so I ended up using pliers and came out with this.


2) My toothpaste bottle cracked along the side.

And left me using this to get toothpaste.

Who knew toothpaste came out of such a space age looking thing! Or that the bottle could crack like that under normal use?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you DON'T post what store it was. I'm interested to know. Rat them out girl! They deserve it!!