Monday, June 23, 2008

Savannah Day 1: The Travel Buddies

Since we had a group of teenagers traveling with us it was necessary to have some sort of chaperoning system in place in order to ensure that everyone made it through the airport, etc. (And also what group trip would be complete without color coordinated T-shirts!) I was assigned two "travel buddies", Hannah and Molly. They are sisters and though people seem to get them confused ALL the TIME, I don't really see it. I have to say that we got along fabulously, since it was pretty much decided that I have the mentality of a twelve year old. (You'll probably see why later on). I think other people on the trip were jealous of me and my travel buddies. On the drive down to BWI, we played "Apprentice" Mad Libs...which was interesting. (I got fired for being a bad suitcase). We were not very inventive when it came to nouns and tended to use things like road, truck, sign, tree, telephone poll, etc.

It was interesting traveling with some girls that had little or no travel experience because I got questions like "when we get to atlanta do we have to move our luggage to the plane going to Savannah?" Cute. They were also absolutely in awe when I went out of our hotel room and returned with a bucket of ice.

We checked into the hotel (they had free cookies in the lobby!! Always a bonus for me) and went up to our room. In our room, waiting for us was this:

Along with a pack of cookies, a bottle of water and a note which read.


In the package was a bottle of Paula Deen's barbecue sauce. Now I don't know who Mr. Dipolo is or why his cookies and barbecue sauce were in our room, but we didn't really care and decided if they were still there tomorrow evening then they were rightfully ours...they were.

After settling in, we had a pizza and pool party. Because who doesn't love to eat a lot of pizza, soda and cookies and then go for a swim. Don't worry all you Girl Scout familiar people, we had the proper quota of lifeguards and water watchers.

No comments: