Thursday, June 18, 2009

Crazy, Crazy Week

Holy crap! Where did the week go? I feel like I need to pull out my planner to recap. My mom has been in town (hence the lack of bloggage)....so hmm...what's happened.

1) Last week I dealt with just absolutely ridiculous people at work. I can deal with serious problems (stealing money, yelling at children, etc.), but ridiculous stuff makes me want to lose my mind. Like the leader that thinks her girls were singled out because they were told to remove their bandannas at a flag ceremony and told to stop climbing on a tree...sigh (crazy people make life interesting. crazy people make life interesting) Since then Kate and I have decided to make a crazy themed play list...feel free to make recommendations.

2) I went to Winston-Salem with my mom. We saw my apartment which is SMALL and won't have space for my kitchen table, but does have a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom...which is good? I freaked out slightly but luckily my mom was there to calm me down. It was ridiculous hot. We had a record letterboxing day with 15 finds in one day (and that was all before 2pm) and we saw a turtle (and I took a picture). Absolutely no flight problems which was incredible.

3) My cousins got sent home from Milton Hershey because of swine flu. Because that makes sense (she sarcastically blogged). Let's send thousands of kids that may have been exposed to swine flu back all over the country to go home.

4) I'm getting more nervous about my dance recital which is about 2 weeks away, but I'm still missing two costumes and a significant portion of the pirate tap routine...yes, I said pirate tap (we even have chereographed sword fighting which my partner is taking way too seriously). I'm more nervous because I got my ballet costume last week and it was like two sizes to big, so I can't wait to see what the other two are like!

5) I made a ridiculously good Gooey Butter Cake (a la Paula Deen). I added crushed pineapple to the topping. Yum. I want to go eat some right now. (What's with me using the word ridiculous with me all the time?)
6) Mom went home. I'll see her in two weeks when we head of to North Carolina for a week of hell with my entire family.

No comments: