Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Highlights From Break

So instead of going through my every move over Christmas break, I thought that I'd do something different. I'm going to go over the highlights and lowlights of break. I figured I'd start out with the highlights because obviously the lowlights are going to be more entertaining. Now, I actually have a week left of break so this is only up till today.

1) Baking cookies with my mom. Yes, I know this sounds cliche and that I should also say something about loving the magic and spirit of Christmas, but it's true. I get to put the colored sugar on!
2)Having coffee with my peeps from the Hall of Fame, and being thankful that I'm no longer there. They found out via a google news e-mail that the Hall of Fame was moving to Atlanta. That's some bad human resources there!
3) Helping my mom's school with their auction. They earn fake money for doing good things and then get to spend it at a silent auction. A snow globe went for 400 dollars!
4) Dinner with Eli at the Vine (including a half price bottle of wine) and cookies back at her house...the last time we went to see her house she didn't have keys to get in so I could only see the outside.
5) WE WANT BIG MAC!! At ND women's basketball games, when the women score 88 points, everyone gets a coupon for a free Big Mac. While I was there, ND beat Charlotte 90-31...it was almost painful to watch.
6) 2 Notre Dame basketball games. My dad talking trash about one of the ND players only to have him named player of the game..bahahhaha
7) There's a three year old girl that sits a few rows behind my parents at basketball. She sang the entire fight song, and can't pronounce R's...it was ridiculously cute. "Cheew Cheew fow ole Notwe Dame."
8) Ridiculously good shopping at Michigan City.
9) Surprising Nancie (awesome yoga genius) at body pump.
10) 49 cents shoes...nuff said
11) Really great present from Amanda 2!
12) BIRTHDAY CHEESESTEAK!13) BIRTHDAY FONDUE!!
14) BIRTHDAY MASSAGE!!
15) My dad singing "My Girl" with falsetto in the car on my birthday.
16) My grandpa telling everyone in his entire retirement community that I want to be a professor.
17) My dad telling me to pick out anything I want out of the Coach outlet...Am I dreaming?
18) My dad giving up his crackberry...Am I dreaming?
19) Three free coffees on New Years Eve.
20) This guy on New Years Eve.


21) Sneaking Amanda 2 into a Wake Forest basketball game and having it go into DOUBLE OVERTIME!
22) My dad got a Disney animator to draw an Alice in Wonderland picture for my hand. I LOVE IT...and am spoiled.
23) X-mas text from John Fred...why can't I text things like "Be safe, God Bless, and Rock on!" and have it be cool?
24) A brief highway relationship with some guys from Texas on 81 that we kept passing and being passed by...sigh...the memories
25) Having it snow 5 inches in Winston-Salem (and only about 3 in South Bend) and having all the people still in W-S freak out.

No comments: