Thursday, January 05, 2012

"Shuffling down the avenue, the raindrops fall like honeydew."

This one is a tough one. I had to look it up myself. This song came on my dad's radio, and we decided that we wouldn't want raindrops to fall like honeydew that that would hurt. Maybe raindrops falling like blueberries, but honeydews are big and heavy.

For those of you that don't know, about 4 months ago central Pennsylvania was hit by flooding. My gramma was flooded out of her house even though her house was like 5 feet higher than flood waters have ever reached before.


We stay at my gramma's house for Christmas, and she had just gotten new carpet (there will be a story about the carpet later in the post) and had just moved back into her house. Her house, however, was not completely finished yet by time we got there.


No sink or toilet in the one bathroom.


No kitchen counters...though we had a piece of plywood to work on.

Anyway, we spent a lot of time unpacking and rinsing out dishes that had been packed up. My mom was in charge of unpacking and drying, I rinsed, and my gramma placed. At one point we were doing a box of antiques, I was so scared of breaking something. At one point, my mom was unwrapping something in tissue paper and all the sudden we heard pieces fall to the ground. Both of our heads shot in horror over at my gramma who...didn't hear a thing. We don't think my mom broke it because all the pieces weren't there, so it was probably broken before being packed. I was also in charge of going through her spices and throwing out old ones and duplicates. I found this:

Dated 1958? Yeah, I threw that out.

Now about the carpet. My gramma had gotten new carpet at the beginning of 2011. It was a pretty green, but it bothered her that when you rubbed it one way it was one color and when you rubbed it the other it was another...like a lot of new carpet. This time she got brown carpet that she thought wouldn't do that, but it does, and it drives her NUTS. Song lyrics were: Margo Rey "Let the Rain"

No comments: