Wednesday, March 21, 2007

What the Frick?

I received permission from my coworker Amanda (who also happens to read my blog ...Hi Amanda) to post this ridiculous story. We had a staff meeting today and afterwards our "team leader" asked Amanda to stay later. ("Team leader" is in quotes because team denotes some sort of bond between us which there isn't and leader implies, well, leading which there isn't). We all of course knew this meant she was getting in trouble.

Afterwards, the cool members of the team were going out to lunch (read: going for free Rita's Italian Ice and Free Dunkin' Donuts free coffee on the first day of spring) We get in the car and Amanda proceeds to tell of her ridiculous ordeal. We didn't even have to ask. The car started and Amanda says "so I guess everyone wants to know what I got in trouble for." Well, yes, we do, thank you.

Let me preface the rest of this story by saying we attended a conflict resolution course about a month ago and watched a video on addressing "personal problems" with employees. The person in the video actually said "the odor of your body sometimes tends to offend some people" which is the nice way to say "you have mad BO". Amanda was told that her language sometimes offends some people. Amanda sometimes says "frick" or "oh my God". Stuff like that. I also need to say that Amanda is in her early 20's so it's not like a 50 year old saying frick. At this point I would've turned to our "team leader" and said "what the hell is your frickin' problem?", but Amanda restrained herself. I'm so proud!

That's not the worst part of the story though. Our "team leader" suggested that they needed a signal so that she could let Amanda know when she is being "inappropriate". Ok, mom. If they are in the office Amanda has a picture Gary (the snail from Spongebob) on her computer. Our "team leader" will move the previously mentioned picture, so that if it is not on her computer Amanda (and now the rest of the cool people at the office and the blogosphere) will know she did something wrong. If they are out at an event or whatever and not in the office, our "team leader" will ask "Are you having lasagna for dinner?" directly after the offensive act to signal Amanda. No, I am not kidding. I can't make this shit up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So yeah, this really happened to me...I can't frickin' believe it!