Friday, March 16, 2007

Writing to Keep My Mind Off How Hungry I Am

Today I woke up to snow which makes me mad because two days ago I was walking around in capri pants. It also made me mad because I am supposed to have a program tonight but it wasn't enough snow to cancel school so I had the whole when do I cancel and how to get the word to people dilemma. I was so busy flicking from channel to channel checking the weather that I forgot to eat breakfast. I know your thinking to yourself, how does anyone forget breakfast? Well I do. This isn't the first time either. I'm not a big breakfast person to start. Around 10, the school district that the program is in decided to dismiss early so the program was cancelled and I had to do the whole call the schools, volunteers, TV stations, etc so that some idiot doesn't drive through a foot of snow and say "I didn't know it was cancelled".

The other dilemma came. Because I was working tonight, I had off this afternoon and could go watch ND basketball at 2:00. Then came a brilliant e-mail, the school district I live in is closing early so no matter whether the office is closing I can leave. I e-mail my "team leader" to tell her that I am leaving at 12 even though I am not having a program tonight and using snow time. She tells me I need to stay until Carmen comes so that someone is in my office. Carmen is one of the people I share my office with and she was scheduled to come in at 1:00. This pisses me off for two reasons 1). The other office in our department is right next door and there are two people there, so if someone should come in (which they're not because its a blizzard outside) they can simply walk next door. 2). The other office is always gone. No one is ever in that office (even though there is an unwritten rule about having at least one person in the office), but they never get anything said to them because the "team leader" is in that office.

Sorry to complain, but I'm just really really hungry right now. I work at the Girl Scouts and can't even find a box of cookies anywhere...is that ridiculous? I've drunk two glasses of water hoping to battle my hunger pains. I'm currently day dreaming about the grilled cheese sandwich I'm making myself when I get home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the frick Jen? I can't believe this happened to me.

Anonymous said...

ok so I clicked on the wrong blog....