Sunday, December 06, 2009

Thank You, Feet

Isn't it weird how since my b-school work has gone down my creative juices have suddenly spiked which leads to blogging (I actually have a running list of things I want to blog about). My feet are still killing me from the shoes I wore to the B-school Christmas party on Friday (and I kinda can't feel the toe next to my baby toe...which might be bad). I think maybe they're pissed at me for not giving them the proper recognition for all that I put them through. Since part of my Organizational Behavior talent management project is on the power of Thank You, I thought that I'd try to appease my feet by thanking them for the great work they've done throughout my life.

Thank You, feet:
  • For not going to pieces when I pulled a filing cabinet on you when I was four
  • For not becoming one big callous even though I spend half of my life barefoot
  • For not being ashamed when I let my cousins paint your nails glo in the dark orange
  • For not being self conscious when my dad says you look like baby feet (or when I refer to your toes as snausages)
  • For not being a complete bitch when I took pointe in high school. I know it was a difficult time for both of us and you'd sometimes bleed through the toe padding or have blisters that would then be excruciating in the shower, but you're not completely deformed from the experience and so I give that a plus
  • For staying strong even when I do stupid things like drop a jar of banana peppers on you
  • For putting up with me when I try to cram you into shoes a size too small because they are cute and purple
  • For not breaking off when I walked to college dances with open toe shoes in a foot of snow (or last year when my mom made me attend the ND soccer game in November and you went completely numb)
  • For not freaking out during the 60 mile walk of the 3-day last year. You actually rocked it. No blisters just a little soreness...I'll take it
  • For still walking me around a large art show on Sunday after being in uncomfortable (yet cute) shoes for three days during Hall of Fame Enshrinement
  • For not breaking in half when my crazy yoga teacher made me do downward dog on the tops of you

I know you've gotten complements before like when the lady at the dance store told you that you were beautiful ballet feet, and the lady at the grocery store gave me root beer barrels because you rocked those wedge heels, but I know that I don't say it enough, so thank you, feet, for putting up with all my crap. (Let's hope that works)

No comments: