Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 3: The Non-Foam Related Part

Day 3 was the peak of spring breakyness and was so chock full of fun that I'm splitting it into two parts--non-foam and foam. Also, I realized I don't really have any pictures to go along with this day's narrative (probably for the best), so you are getting a random picture of the beautiful beach. Basically the morning follows our normal routine: breakfast and beach. It's actually not windy nor cloudy (at first) and so it's quite a beautiful beach day all around. Because there is less wind, the surf is also less choppy, and we spend more time in the water which is fine by me. It starts to storm at one point (thunder and all) and while a lot of people seem not to care, LT and I decide to head in for lunch. We lunch out the storm and then go to the pool. Instead of choosing our normal quiet, peaceful pool spot, we were looking for some entertainment and so went to the "party" pool area which was near the bar and DJ.

We realized at this time that apparently the guy/girl ratio has become about 4 to 1, and anytime either of us were alone it seemed to signal fair game. For instance, LT went somewhere for a few minutes and soon after she left I had a guy seal walk in the shallow end of the pool up to where my chair was. When I told him I was waiting for my friend, he said that I made him cry. LT got back, and we decided to get drinks at the pool bar. We get in, and we are suddenly surrounded by about 8 guys that are from Mexico City and part of a bachelor party. We have lots of drinks and learn a bunch of inappropriate words in Spanish and some Mexican drinking games. It's good fun until it starts to rain. I have a tough time getting LT inside because apparently our Mexican friends want her to go to the beach. By time I get her out of the pool, it's really raining. We start to run, but with slippery flip flops, I face plant directly on the pavement, skinning up my knee. We make it into the bar by our lobby, blood streaming down my leg. Our Mexican friends are there as well (I try to pretend I don't notice the bloody gash on my knee) and we make arrangements to meet them later that night. (This meeting never happens).

LT and I go back to the Italian restaurant for dinner (after changing of course). There was actually a wait at the restaurant, ugh...while waiting, we meet more guys. This guy Johnny takes a liking to me. He's originally from Lebanon, but living in Canada. Johnny and his friends get called that their table is ready. He tells LT and I to come with them...we go, but obviously there is no room for us at the table. We go back out and wait for our actual table. About 5 minutes later, Johnny comes out and asks if I want to got to his room for 5 minutes (really, only 5 minutes?...and....no). I blame LT who is drunkenly talking to some other guy. Finally we get called for our table, which oh how lucky is located next to Johnny's. Johnny comes to our table and hangs out. He asks for my room number at least 5 times and somehow I manage to give the same incorrect room number all 5 times. Some other guy brings LT a flower that he apparently picked outside somewhere and tries to win her over which is not happening. Johnny's food comes to his table, and I convince him to go eat. Less than 5 minutes after he leaves some other guy comes and sits down at our table. LT somehow convinces him that he should dance with me. Next thing I know we're twirling around the restaurant to the music from the band. LT doesn't miss out though as some guy pulls her up from her chair to dance as well. (SN: it's not like anyone else is dancing...just us...which is fine.) After the song ends, we sit back down and Johnny is back at our table...my God! I mean I was wearing this amazing turquoise dress, but I had to practically beat guys off with a stick. I told Johnny that we needed to change clothes, but would see him later at the foam party.

Up next...good clean fun...get it...cause it's a foam party...ha

No comments: