Saturday, September 09, 2006


Bunk beds

I've come to the conclusion that bunk beds scare the piss out of me. This weekend at my parent's house Danielle and I were booked in the bunk bed room. For those of you that are unfamiliar with my parents house on football weekends, we have several bedrooms and when you arrive you are automatically assigned to a room.

I'm on the lower bunk. Sure, I was in bunk beds my junior year of college, but that was the upper bunk. And the upper bunk scared me for a while (fear of rolling out, etc.), but once I fell off trying to get out of the upper bunk, it really wasn't that big of a deal.

The lower bunk scares me more. I'm scared the upper bunk and Danielle will come crashing down on me in the middle of the night. First of all the posts from the upper bunk that aren't exactly lined up with the lower bunk's bed posts that it is sitting on top of, so everytime Danielle climbs up, i'm scared its going to slip off and the whole bed will fall on me.

Second, there are just wooden planks under the upper bunk holding the mattress and Danielle on the upper bunk. One of these wooden planks, I have convinced myself is cracked and unusually bowed, so I think its going to snap in the middle of the night and i'll be in the middle of a mattress sandwich.

No comments: