Thursday, January 18, 2007

Baby Shower Etiquette

Yesterday, I received an invitation to a baby shower for a girl that I honestly haven't seen since high school and really wasn't that close to in high school. Though a wonderful friend of my alerted her that I was back in the area (thanks danielle...jackass). The baby shower isn't until March 31 so I have some time to think about this. So two questions.

1) Do I go? This is probably most dependant on if Danielle goes, because if she goes then we can be miserable together and then make fun of the whole ordeal later.

2) If I don't go, do I still need to get her a gift or can I continue to ignore her like I have for the past 7 years?

2 comments:

Marcia said...

DON'T go. And pretend your invite was lost in the mail, and that you don't even remember who she is. She's just looking for a free gift.

If she really just wanted you back in her life, she'd CALL.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Marcia. What's the point if you're just going to be miserable anyway?

If your conscience won't let you ignore her, send her a polite note letting her know that you appreciate the thought but will not be attending (or is that just acknowledging her cry for attention, opening the floodgates for further unwanted correspondence?).

Screw it. Ignore her. (I'm too nice.)