Tuesday, January 09, 2007


I Guess You Really Should Listen to Directions


I know candles always say don't burn the whole way to the bottom, but I never listened to it before. Yesterday, I was burning a candle and not really paying attention. All of the sudden I heard a loud cracking/glass shattering noise. The worst part was the candle wasn't out yet, and it was sitting up on my bureau so I couldn't blow down in it. I didn't want to pick it up to put it out because I knew it would be hot and also didn't want the glass to shatter more in my hand. Being the quick thinker that I am I poured some water down in the glass to extinguish the candle. Luckily, the bottom hadn't cracked at all so the water didn't ruin the finish on my furniture like I worried it would. Crazy isn't it?

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Dude, that has never happened to me! And I let my candles burn out all the way all the time! Now I'm scared.

Jsto said...

The next candle I was going to burn was already a little cracked from when I moved...I threw it out.