Friday, December 09, 2005


Caroline's Brilliant Brie

My parents Christmas party is tonight at our house and I am going to make Caroline's Brilliant Brie recipe. Named such because Caroline from work gave it to me and it is brilliant. (That's not an actual picture of it. That's just a random picture of Brie.) I wanted to pass it along because it is totally awesome and easy. All you need is a round of Brie, a package of refrigerated crescent roll dough, and about 1/2 cup brown sugar.

Let brie reach room temperature
Unroll the crescent dough (do not separate the little crescents)
Put the round of Brie in the middle of the dough.
Put a generous amount of brown sugar on top of the Brie (I'm estimating about 1/2 cup, maybe more)
Fold the crescent dough up around the Brie
Twist at the top to close
You can also cut the twist into quarters and fold down to make it pretty
Bake at 375 degrees on a baking dish for 10 minutes then cover with foil and bake another 20 -30 minutes until dough is baked
Voila! Awesome Brie!! Serve with crackers.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Awesome! I am going to try it!

Marcia said...

I totally do that too... but with either mustard or dried fruit instead of brown sugar.... I'm going to try the brown sugar, because, frankly, you can never have enough sweet shit.